I'm at the point in the vacation where I'm ready to go home. I miss Beans, my bed, shrimp po-boys, English, my fourth period, driving, knowing what the money looks like, and snuggling with Noodle. Mostly Beans and Noodle.
I tried calling him 15 minutes ago, with no answer. I'm sad I missed him, but I'm sure/hoping he's kicking himself for missing the call. I would be having so much more fun if I was here with him. Trying two dishes at every meal. Cracking jokes about everything. Splitting cab fare (I know, I know). Having someone to hold my hand and speak English with me at Campo Pequeno. Lisbon is beautiful, but home is home - and the people who are home are even more dear.
Tonight (after getting on the right train, falling asleep, thinking I made a mistake, getting on another train, thinking I made a mistake again, and getting off), I went with Rich and his parents for hor d'oeuvres and wine with Joana's family. They are wonderful! And brilliant. Dad was a banker, Mom's a chemical engineer, Aunt Teresa's an English and German professor. Smart, funny, classy, talented. I want to be like them when I'm 60 (retired, too). I tried goose pate for the first time (no) and cheese croquetas (yes). WE. DRANK. SO. MUCH. WINE. Good red wine from Spain. I loved watching Joana's parents try peer pressuring Rich's folks into drinking. Eventually, it worked (a bit).
There was just a woman in a TV commercial who looked like the Portuguese woman in Love Actually. I wish someone would do something romantic like learn English for me.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Portugal - Dia Cinco, Edição Um
Posted by the teej. at 12:16 AM
Labels: Portugal, public transit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment